Tuesday, March 3, 2015

gender guesses

John and I agreed even before I got pregnant that we didn't want to know the sex of the baby until it was born. It's been so interesting to hear people's comments about this decision (You must not be a planner! is my personal favorite).

Still, it's been fun to guess, and to listen to other people's guesses about what we're having. The other day I had a gas station clerk adamantly tell me I was having a girl because of the way I'm carrying, and she informed me she is never wrong.

I think I'm having a boy, based only on the fact that three of my girlfriends and two cousins all gave birth to girls in the last six months. Statistically, I've got to be gestating a boy.

John thinks it's a girl.

Old Wives' Tales are a mixed bag: 

> Chinese Calendar: GIRL
> Salty cravings: BOY
> The morning sickness I suffered: GIRL
> I sleep on my left side: BOY
> I've been moodier than usual: GIRL
> I'm carrying high: GIRL
> My skin is dry: BOY
> The baby's heart-rate is above 140: GIRL
> Gender dreams: BOY

Can't wait for the little bean to get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment