Monday, March 23, 2015

feed me: chorizo and sweet potato hash

Per Kat's suggestion to "put it on your new blog"... 

http://www.thebittenword.com/.a/6a00e55015ee528833017d3c988e22970c-pi

It all started with our wedding.

I needed a gluten-free, egg-free brunch option. A hash seemed like the most logical (and tasty!) option when cooking for a few hundred. After a few minutes on Google, I landed on this recipe from The Bitten Word and our caterer was kind enough to make it.

It was phenomenal, and has become one of my go-to recipes. It's incredibly easy, and it only requires one skillet. Fewer dishes, FTW!

As with all recipes I "follow", I take a few liberties with ingredients, namely leaving out things I don't have readily available, and adding in things that sound good. For example, when I made it for a brunch get-together this past weekend, I left out the onions and walnuts, and subbed dried parsley. And blame it on being in the final weeks of pregnancy but I added a few shakes of red pepper flakes, just to add some heat. Can't hurt, right?



Image credits: 1

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you posted this recipe! I absolutely loved the hash from your wedding, and have tried to make a version of it ever since! I'm excited to try the real deal!

    ReplyDelete